How to Play Crowdini
What is Crowdini?
Crowdini is a question and answer game. We ask you to answer one question a day and give you points based on how your answer compares to the majority answer. At the end of the game the top 3 players with the most points splits 90% of the Prize Pool.
It is designed to be something you can do in less than a minute a day but hopefully sparks conversation and thought.
Answer the daily question.
- Multiple choice
- 2, 3, 4 or 5 answers
- Can be any category (i.e. Sports, Entertainment, Music, Tech, Science)
**A new question is asked at 10 am eastern daily.
Confirm your answer.
You have 3 confirmation options:
- Tap the green Lock me in button to confirm your answer
- Tap the red Choose Again button to reverse your current answer and answer the question again.
- Wait 10 seconds for your answer to be confirmed automatically.
**Once your answer is confirmed it is final and cannot be changed.
Come back tomorrow to see:
- Compare how you did against the majority
- Answer tomorrow's question
**We send you a daily results email.
How do I earn points?
Crowdini is a game. At the end of the game the player with the most points wins. There are 3 ways to earn points. Let's go over all three
Earn points by Answering Questions
Majority rules in Crowdini. Points are awarded to the answer with the most votes.
You receive the same amount of points as the percentage of overall votes your answer receives. So for this example:
- If you answered Houston Rockets you would receive 39 points
- If you answered San Antonio Spurs you would receive 60 points (before bonus points were applied)
Earn Bonus Points
On certain questions you can earn 100 bonus points if you choose the answer that actually occurs. Not every question is a bonus question. What to know about bonus questions:
- Only questions labeled Bonus have bonus points
- You earn an extra 100 pts if you choose the answer that actually occurs. If the answer you chose received 39% of the vote you would receive 39 points for answering and then 100 bonus points for choosing the answer that actually happened. That would give you 139 points total for that question.
- Bonus points are not awarded until the actual event completes (which could be days after the question is asked)
Earn points for Referrals
Each player has their own unique referral URL. You can earn 5 extra points for each new player you refer. Also the player you refer will earn 5 points. The maximum number of referral points is 25 per game. All conditions below must be met to receive referral points:
- The player has to be a new player
- The player has to complete their sign up AND
- The player has to answer at least 2 questions
What can I win?
For each game there is a Prize Pool. 90% is split between the top 3 point scorers. 10% is split between all eligible players who answered every question in that game.
How is the Prize Pool determined
- After the question is closed, the results are posted to Steemit.com where it earns STEEM dollars (SBD) based on the post popularity.
- The Prize Pool is the sum of the SBD earnings paid out while the previous game was open. ( More about SBD )
- The Prize Pool is updated daily in the Daily Email and the Steemit.com results post .
How the Prize Pool is paid out
After the game ends, all points are tallied and the Prize Pool is distributed.
- First Prize - 50% of the Prize Pool goes to the player with the most points
- Second Prize - 25% of the Prize Pool goes to the player with the 2nd most points
- Third Prize - 15% of the Prize Pool goes to the player with the 3rd most points
- 100% Prize - 10% of the Prize Pool is split between all players who have voted in every Crowdini question and upvoted every results posts at Steemit.com/@Crowdini for the Game. See below for the full eligibility rules.
If two or more players tie for the First, Second and/or Third Prize the Prize Pool will be split in the following way...
- If two players tie for First Prize - The two players will split 75% of the Prize Pool and no Second Prize will be given.
- If three or more players tie for First Prize - The 3 or more players will split 90% of the Prize Pool and no Second or Third Prize will be given.
- If two or more players tie for Second Prize - The two or more players will split 40% of the Prize Pool and no Third Prize will be given
- If two or more players tie for Third Prize - The two or more players will split 15% of the Prize Pool.
Eligibility for the 100% Prize
To be eligible for the 100% Prize you must satisfy all 3 of the following:
- Vote in every question of the game
- Upvote every results posts on Steemit.com/@Crowdini for the Game within the first 24 hours of the post publishing.
- First, Second and Third place winners are not eligible for the 100% Prize.
NOTE: If you sign up to play in the middle of a game, you will be eligible for the 100% Prize if you vote in every question from the day you sign up to the end of the Game and have upvoted all the results posts on Steemit.com/@Crowdini starting from the day you joined through the end of the Game.
How to find and add the Steemit Posting Private Key:
- On the Steemit Wallet Page, select the Permissions tab
- Click the Show Private Key green button to the right of the Posting Key
- If the green box now says Hide Private Key copy the whole key
- Paste it in your My Account page in the Steemit Posting Private Key field
- Add your Steemit username to the Steemit Username field
- Click Update (If it updated correctly you will see the first 5 digits of your Private Posting Key below the field)
The details below were last updated: January 2, 2018
STEEM dollars (SBD)
Current Point Leader
70 players tied - 74 pts